- Current Month
Month Long Event (november) CST
All 51 Hill Country Wineries
Be sure to get your tickets right away as there are a limited number available and this event sells out every year! Winery pickup choices will
Your pickup winery CAN NOT be changed after Monday, November 12th. Please note you can not pickup your Tasting Passport until the first day of the Event, November 30th.
This is the time of year we’ve all been waiting for…a chill in the air, the hustle and bustle, baking, wrapping, fireplaces and the Christmas Wine Affair in the Hill Country! Vineyards and tasting rooms are cloaked in lights, warmth and holiday fun. We invite you to come enjoy the sounds of carols and bask in front of the fireplace with your favorite glass of Texas cheer. Join us for 17 days at 44 unique wineries and experience the decking of the cellars in the wonderland that is the Texas Hill Country, all that is missing from our tasting rooms this holiday season is YOU!
Please be aware of winery business hours when choosing your pickup winery and planning your winery visits.
- 1851 Vineyards | Thurs – Sun
- 4.0 Cellars | 7 Days/Week
- Becker Vineyards | 7 Days/Week
- Bell Springs Winery | 7 Days/Week
- Bending Branch Winery | Thurs – Sun
- Bent Oak Winery | Thurs – Sun
- Branch On High |Thurs – Sun
- Chisholm Trail Winery | Thurs – Mon
- Driftwood Estate | 7 Days/Week | Closed December 2nd
- Dry Comal Creek Vineyards | 7 Days/Week
- Duchman Family Winery | 7 Days/Week
- Fall Creek Vineyards at TOW | 7 Days/Week
- Fiesta Winery 290 | 7 Days/Week
- Fiesta Winery Lometa | 7 Days/Week
- Grape Creek Vineyards | Sun – Fri Only
- Hawk’s Shadow Winery | Saturday Only & By Appt
- Hye Meadow Winery | Mon, Wed – Sun
- Inwood Estate Winery & Bistro | Sun – Fri
- Kerrville Hills Winery | Thurs-Mon
- Kuhlman Cellars | By Appt Only
- Longhorn Cellars | Thurs – Sun & Mon – Wed By Appt Only
- Lost Draw Cellars | Sun – Fri & Saturdays By Appt Only
- Messina Hof Hill Country | 7 Days/Week (Reservation Required For Parties of 5+)
- Narrow Path Winery at Albert | Thurs – Sat
- Old Man Scary Cellars | 6 Days/Week, Closed Tuesday
- Perissos Vineyards & Winery – Fri – Sun
- Pillar Bluff Vineyards – Fri – Sun
- Ron Yates – 7 Days/Week
- Saint Tryphon Farm & Vineyards | Thurs – Sun (Reservation Recommended)
- Singing Water Vineyards | Thurs – Mon
- Sister Creek Vineyards | 7 Days/Week
- Solaro Estate Winery | 7 Days/Week
- Spicewood Vineyards | Wed – Sun
- Stone House Vineyard | Mon, Thur-Sun or By Appt
- Texas Hills Vineyard | 7 Days/Week Ticket Holders Who Visit Texas Hills Will Receive a Complimentary Ornament From Texas Hills Vineyard ONLY!
- Texas Legato | Thurs-Mon, or By App
- Torr Na Lochs Vineyard & Winery | Thurs-Sun
- Wedding Oak Winery at San Saba | 7 Days/Week
- Wedding Oak Winery at Wildseed Farms | 7 Days/Week
- Westcave Cellars | Fri – Mon Only
- William Chris Vineyards – By Appointment Only
- Wimberley Valley Winery – Mon – Fri Only
- Woodrose Winery – 7 Days/Week
Visit the WINERIES page of our website for details on each winery including hours.
*All wineries require reservations for groups of 8 or more guests.
The Christmas Wine Affair is just that, all about the WINE! Your ticket, valid through November 30th – December 16th, includes a full complimentary tasting (as determined by winery) at all 44 partcipating wineries with a limit of 4 wineries a day and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at each winery. All of these benefits for a ticket price of $75/couple or $45/individual.
The average tasting fee at the 44 participating wineries is $15/person…adding up to $60/person if visiting 4 wineries a day. And that’s just for ONE day! You have 17 days to visit 44 wineries. Your Christmas Wine Affair ticket is already saving you money, not including the discounts on wine purchases!
The limit to 4 winery tastings a day with your ticket is a way for THCW to promote responsible drinking during the events. We do hope you can take your time and enjoy each winery more this way, instead of rushing through tastings and getting to the next stop. This allows for a more intimate experience at each winery, enjoying the wines and the people.
Each ticket will include a Christmas Wine Affair Tasting Passport to be picked up at your first winery (selected at time of ticket purchase). Each winery you visit will stamp your passport on the day you visit the winery and taste. Each day you can taste and get stamped at four wineries total. Couples tickets will receive 1 booklet but both will get the tastings.
You have 17 days to enjoy 44 wineries in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, tasting your favorite wines and getting exclusive discounts! This is too good of a deal to pass up, so make sure to get tickets for your entire family and all of your friends!
Your Ticket Includes:
• Full complimentary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (one tasting for singles, two tastings for couples)
• A Tasting Passport that will be stamped at each winery you visit (you will NEED TO START at this winery and pickup your book for tastings)
• 15% discount on 3-bottle purchases from each winery (winery choice and/or discount may exclude reserves, ports and wines already discounted)
There is no greater gift than a handpicked wine for loved ones or yourself! So join us for just one or all 17 days to experience the decking of the cellars in the wonderland that is the Texas Hill Country. There are a limited number of tickets available and each year is sold out weeks before the event. Don’t delay and miss out on all the joy the Texas Hill Country Wineries have to offer!
Christmas Wine Affair Terms And Disclosure:
• Not all THCW member wineries are participating in this event, only those listed on this page.
• Tickets are non-refundable and THCW cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Passports must be presented at winery to receive tastings and discount. You will not receive tastings at the wineries without your Tasting Passport.
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• THCW Event tickets are meant for individual use, not for use in conjunction with a wine tour company who already has tasting prices set with individual Wineries for services rendered.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips.
Christmas Wine Affair Event FAQ:
Q: Are there a limited number of tickets?
A: Yes and they typically sell out by the first weekend of the Trail. We do not hold back any tickets.
Q: Do I have to start at the winery I chose?
A: Yes, you do have to go there first and get your book. You do not have to taste there first but you must get your book first.
Q: Can I change my pickup winery?
A: No, wineries receive the exact amount of Trail Passports as designated by ticket purchaser choice and we cannot change them once delivered. Please be aware of individual winery business hours and days they are open when choosing your pickup winery.
Q: I can’t use my ticket, can I get a refund?
A: No, but tickets are transferable so you can give it away or sell it.
Q: What days is my ticket good for?
A: November 30th – December 16th, 2018
Q: I am giving this as a gift, can you change the name on the ticket?
A: The tickets are transferrable so it does not matter that your name is on it. When gifting though, you can choose “Ship To” and put the receivers name in the shipping info and this will put their name on the ticket. (No, tickets are not shipped)
Q: I can’t print my ticket at time of purchase.
A: We also send you a confirmation email with a link to your ticket so you can print at a later date.
Q: I didn’t print my ticket and now we are at the winery.
A: You can also show the winery your confirmation email or ticket from your smart phone.
Q: What time does the event start?
A: The event starts when individual wineries are open (usually 10-11am) and ends at closing of the wineries (5-6pm). Please check out individual winery hours on the WINERIES page of our site.
Q: Where does the event start?
A: It starts wherever you would like but you must pickup your Tasting Passport first. Please use the MAP to plan out your trip.
Q: What about transportation?
A: This is a self-guided trail so you will use your own transportation or book with a Tour Company. Please use a Designate Driver.
Q: Are wine glasses included with ticket or at each winery?
A: No glasses are included. Each winery will have wine glasses for you to use while tasting but are not included to take home. Wine glasses are for sale at each winery if you would like to purchase separately.